Health and Safety
Whatever the size and scale of a project, safety plays an integral role in the success of its planning, development and eventual legacy. A project’s logistic solution must take into account the surrounding environment and how safe that is, ensuring that first and foremost, the safety of personnel on site and the wider public is absolutely assured, from project inception, right through to completion.
Find out more
Our safety led approach can ensure that your site is kept free of accidents, injuries or the need to take urgent remedial action. Your management team is then free to concentrate on building the project, safe in the knowledge that facilities, systems and procedures are in place to ensure the safe and effective progression of the construction project through to completion, within a fixed budget.
Robust health and safety measures
During the pre-construction phase, we undertake a number of health and safety measures, covering the following:
- Ensuring safety policies are implemented
- Creation of site-specific safety manuals, ensuring first aid cover and equipment is present
- Ensuring that material movement to and from the workface will not cause damage to the works, the workforce or the public
- Complete safety inspections to agreed standards
- Ensuring teams have safety training to the agreed programme
- Delivery of appropriate health and safety training to site workforce
- Manage and maintain PPE stocks to an agreed number
- Produce method statements, risk assessments and ensuring lifting plans are produced
- Safeguard vulnerable road users from traffic and transport created by the site